10. New York Taxis to Tout Art – Hail Shirin Neshat, Alex Katz or Yoko Ono on 500 cabs in the city.
9. Police Recover Picasso’s ‘Little Guitar’ Toy Sculpture Made for Paloma Picasso – Isn’t it cute?!
8. Polish Police Say Foreigner Behind Auschwitz Sign Theft – Thieves are caught and they point to a Thomas Crown living in Sweden.
7. Egypt Antiquities Chief Zahi Hawass to Demand Nefertiti Bust – Too fragile to return? excuses excuses
6. 2009 in Review: In Memoriam – Short list
4. U.S. Firm Ordered to Turn $500 Million Treasure Over to Spain – Who else loved the discovery special on the History Channel and thinks this is BS?
3. Dutch Secret Service Take Custody of Jill Magid’s Art – Ironic BS
2. Yale University Says Suit Over Vincent Van Gogh’s Work Imperials Other Art – I love a restitution battle
And in other Yale News, my favorite headline while on vacation…
1. Skull Linked to Secret Yale Society to be Sold at Christie’s – 10 to 20k? Please, secrecy and discretion = bidding war!